The first big bang of 2019 in healthcare has come early with the formation of the Association of Medical Facility Professionals (AMFP). AMFP’s mission is to serve the needs of the healthcare built environment.
Besides national activities, which include its partnership with Healthcare Design Expo & Conference, AMFP has regional chapters in place to serve Central Florida, Chicago, North Texas, Southern California, and Upper Midwest, and expects more to launch soon. Chapters have already begun to plan programs in their regions.
“We’ve seen our regional leaders develop strong educational content and foster knowledge exchange among professionals among neighboring health systems that previously had not communicated with one another. We are ready to see where this amazing growth will take our industry next,” said Mike Wood, National Director of Construction, Medxcel and President of AMFP.
Initial AMFP National Leadership is comprised of:
- President: Mike Wood, National Director of Construction, Medxcel
- Vice President: Chris Roberts, Global Solutions Architect – Healthcare, Schneider Electric
- Vice President: Walt Vernon, PE, LEED AP, EDAC, IFHE Executive Committee Member, CEO for Mazzetti, San Francisco
- Secretary/Treasurer: Glenn Fischer, Executive Vice President, Corporate Realty, Design & Management Institute
Initial AMFP Chapter Leadership is comprised of:
- AMFP Chicago: Jennifer Patton, Krusinski Construction
- AMFP North Texas: Rod Armstrong, The Mohawk Group
- AMFP Central Florida: Rania Sadrack, TLC Engineering
- AMFP Southern California: Bill Foulkes, Cumming
- AMFP Upper Midwest: Troy Stutz, RJM Construction
For questions or to arrange interviews, contact AMFP administrator and content editor Megan Headley at firstname.lastname@example.org